Re: removal of svenl from the project

On Sun, Mar 19, 2006 at 01:30:51PM -0500, Andres Salomon wrote:
> Unfortunately, based upon some of Sven's responses[0] to my request, I
> feel he still does not understand the reason why I'm taking such extreme
> measures against him.  This is sad, but I've given up trying to explain

Well, it would have been nice if the first mention of this being a problem
with you had not been you posting to debian-vote, and if when you spoke with
me afterward, you had also tried to be a bit understanding, and not in
lection-giving mode.

> it to him.  I hope he continues to work with the OCAML team, but avoids
> getting into "discussions" with other developers until he can learn to
> control himself.

I guess others have to learn to control themselves too, and maybe refrain from
finger pointing, or starting expulsion procedures on a whim.

What particularly hurt me is that you started the expulsion procedure while i
just had written on debian-kernel that i was going to retire myself from
debian for some time to cool down, but also to take care of my sick mother,
and your complete lack of understanding that i can also have feeling, and that
in all cases like this, personal situation may also have some influence.