ocaml-mode vs tuareg-mode vs emacs-snapshot

I noticed that ocaml-mode is not installed for use with the
emacs-snapshot package.  Why?

What are the relative merits of ocaml-mode and tuareg-mode?  I
particularly dislike the inability of tuareg-mode to turn of symbol
replacement, especially in comments (and I couldn't find out why the
advertised way doesn't work, although I'm not entirely unfamiliar with
Emacs Lisp).  On the other hand, I'd like to continue using
emacs-snapshot instead of emacs21.