Re: PSA: alpha still hosed

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 11:26 -0500, Mike Furr wrote:

> Sven Luther wrote:
> > The alpha binutils is hosed, you have to use an older version of the binutils
> > package for alpha. The binNMU done by vorlon uses this older one and should be
> > ok.
> Right.  I had thought that once the compilers were compiled with the old
> binutils, new binaries would be fine.  But no, anything built with
> ocamlopt or ocamlopt.opt and the new binutils on alpha are also screwed.

Just by way of confirmation, I am building Felix with Ocaml 3.09 on
an old alpha on the Sourceforge compile farm. [Its old.. gcc 2.95 is the
system compiler, luckily it has gcc 3.0 because Felix won't build with
2.95] It's a Debian box.

I sure don't recommend this machine .. took ages to build Ocaml
(not sure how long .. I fell asleep in the middle ..)

However the generated native code does run correctly.