Re: libcamlrun.so

Quoting Richard Jones <rich@annexia.org>:

> There is a patch to byterun/Makefile in 3.09.0 which builds
> libcamlrun.so:
>
> http://annexia.org/tmp/libcamlrun.so.patch
>
> I've asked if this can be applied to upstream OCaml, but I don't know
> what the result of that request will be.

I don't think it is a good idea. I think there are probably good reasons
why it does not exist upstream.

Since it is a library dedicated at internals, its API and ABI are probably
not stable, and does not have to be.

So, I'd suggest we don't add some unnecessary mess (dealing with shared
objects and their breakages, that is) to something which works fine already.

--
Jérôme Marant