Naming C libraries

Hi OCaml Maintainers,

I might be wrong but it seems to me that

    ocamlc -custom -I +extlib extLib.cma -cclib -lextLib -o ... ...

expects

    +extlib/libextlib.a
            ^^^
to exist since it calls gcc with

    gcc ... -L/usr/lib/ocaml/3.08.3/extlib -lextLib ...

I checked the policy (which was kinda hidden in the
/usr/share/doc/ocaml-base-nox) and found nothing on this topic except
that Debian supports ocamlfind by default.  ('ocamlfind ocamlc' might be
a superiour alternative to 'ocmalc' but in my case not really applicable
since I'm modifying a largish Makefile which is unaware of ocamlfind.
Then again I don't know how ocamlfind deals with -custom compiles.)

In the case of Extlib, its C lib is installed in +extlib/extlib.a, ie
without the 'lib' prefix.  Other OCaml libraries, such as Str, have the
'lib' prefix.  Shouldn't all packages be installed with this prefix?

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Stork   <>  Support eff.org!  <>   http://www.ics.uci.edu/~cstork/
OpenPGP fingerprint:  B08B 602C C806 C492 D069  021E 41F3 8C8D 50F9 CA2F