Re: Does #322722 make sense?

2005/9/3, Jérôme Marant <jmarant@free.fr>:

> Hi,
>
> gcc and al are standard packages. Is this really relevant?
>
> Cheers,

gcc is not an essential package, only a build essential one. So yes,
to be policy compliant, we should depend on it.
We don't want one of our user to failed to compile one of his program
because he have no gcc installed, and do only ocaml

On the other side, I believe that one could compile a program with
ocamlc without it (at least, when you use no C library).  But I still
believe we should depend on it.