Re: Commits completed

2005/9/1, Ralf Treinen <treinen@free.fr>:

> There are two different questions here for the case that both
> ocaml-mode and tuareg-mode are installed on a system:
>
> 1) how can a user overwrite the default behaviour,
> 2) how can a system administrator change the default behaviour.
>
> When we discussed the two packages some time ago I was thinking of
> the first question. For this, it should be sufficient to explain
> in the README of ocaml-mode how a user should change his load-path.

By the way, the simpler solution for this is to add
(load-file "/etc/emacs/site-start.d/50ocaml-mode.el")
in the .emacs

[...]

> In the current version in svn the README of tuareg-mode reads:
>
>   tuareg-mode is now automatically loaded on all files with filename
>   extension .ml\w?. If the debian package "ocaml-mode", which provides
>   an alternative emacs mode for (O)Caml files, is installed together
>   with the tuareg-mode package then tuareg takes precedence.  Users who
>   wish to overwrite this behaviour should consult the instuctions given
>   in the file /usr/share/doc/ocaml-mode/README.Debian.

By the way the emacsen-startup file don't do that yet (is this the
file I sould look to? never bother to learn how to make an debian
emacs package). Note also that the ocaml-mode is configured to run on
the extension "\\.ml[iylp]?$" may be we could uniformized those
extansion.