caml-mode (was: Few questions)

Salut,

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 10:02:03AM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:

> The work of splitting the emacs stuff in a separate package
> is almost done. Few questions though:
>
> 1/ it is called caml-mode in sources since it applies to caml light
>    as well. Shall I keep calling it caml-mode or ocaml-mode?

I prefer to keep the upstream name caml-mode.

> 2/ this new package depends on ocaml-nox, and ocaml-nox needs to
>    depend on it until etch is released (for transitional purpose),
>    which makes a circular dependency. Is this a problem?

Maybe it is not necesarry to have ocaml-nox depend on caml-mode.
It should be sufficient to state in the NEWS.Debian that the
mode has been split off into a separate package. Not having
caml-mode installed doesn't stop ocaml from working.

On the other hand why the dependency of caml-mode on ocaml-nox? If it
is only because caml-mode may call the ocaml compiler then a recommends
seems sufficient, as it is the case with tuareg-mode.

If you put the mods into svn before upload I can have a look at
it.

-Ralf.