other changes to the ocaml package, meta packages

While we are at the ocaml package, what about providing real meta
packages ocaml-3.08.3, ocaml-nox-3.08.3, and so on? I know it's a bug in
apt which should be able to handle properly virtual dependencies when
provided by more than one package. I also know that there are no
problems with current autobuilders.

But still, our current solution make compilation fail if there are (for
example) two apt repositories providing ocaml in the same sources.list.
This could happen for users running their autobuilders and having a
local entry for rebuilt packages. For references see this thread:

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-ocaml-maint/2005/06/msg00058.html

Providing real meta packages would mean adding 7 empty binary packages
to the ocaml source package each depending on its non-versioned
counterpart with strict versioned dependencies. E.g.:

  ocaml-3.08.3 will Depends: ocaml (>= 3.08.3), ocaml (<< 3.08.4)
  ocaml-nox-3.08.3 will Depends: ocaml-nox (>= 3.08.3), ocaml-nox (<< 3.08.4)
  ... and so on ...

I volunteer to perform the needed changes, but of course wont proceed
unless consensus is reached (especially from Sven, as package
maintainer).

Comments?

--
Stefano Zacchiroli  --  Master in Computer Science @ Uni. Bologna, Italy