Re: Build-Depend on virtual packages

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 12:40:51PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> apt-get complains if there is more than one source of the provides
> (even two sources with the same name/version). sbuild then picks the
> first choice apt lists for the provides which is non deterministic and
> strongly discouraged.

This is never the case for ocaml, since we always have only one package
providing ocaml-<version>.

> As I said in the past this needs a real metapackage that then depends
> on the actual ocaml package.

Agreed, this would be an alternative solution and probably better wrt
possible bugs in sbuild/apt.  But still there's no real problem ATM with
our solution, thus please stop asserting statements like "You can't
Build-Depend on virtual packages". Thanks.