Re: CDuce package

Hello,

Sven Luther a écrit :

  1) I would like that you isolate exactly which files of ocaml you need for
  cduce, and why. Do you need source files that are modified or something, or
  just the object files ? Ideally, we would add those on a case per case basis
  to a ocaml-support package or whatever, and retire ocaml-source if possible.

Yep, isolating the files needed for cduce will be the second part of the work. First of all, I'm trying to get it working the hacky way, and then I'll try to clean it.

As far as I've looked, I think that cduce uses object files only. But I may be wrong, and we'd better ask cduce developers about this.

  2) Notice that you don't need to ./configure ocaml-source, since supposedly
  the configuration step is already done when they are generated, at least it
  should already be done.

I am not using ocaml-source. David Mentré (in Cc), who is using cduce for the Democratic Experience project told me that ocaml-source is not compilable, which is confirmed by the description of the package :

$ apt-cache show ocaml-source
[...]
This package contains the sources needed to build some packages which build depend on the ocaml source. Notice that if you want to rebuild ocaml, these will not work, consider using the source package instead.

So this package is for packages that needs only the source code of Ocaml. For cduce, we also need some object files.

Any idea about the Env.read_signature unbound value ?

Thanks,

Thomas
--
PETAZZONI Thomas - thomas.petazzoni@enix.org