Re: Help on packaging advi (current status)

Hello,
On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 06:18:32PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> Make sure to put things in a branch of the advi package in the svn repo (svn
> cp packages/advi/trunk packages/advi/branches/split or whatever name), and
> checkin often, so we can all contribute.

Sorry, still fighting with svn. I finally managed to get a
non-anonymus check out by setting
export SVN_SSH="ssh -l kreutzm-guest"
and entering the password twice.

So, now I want to create the branch. I have a directory called advi.
First I tried the local version as indicated above

helge@thirtyto:/scr/build/src/ocaml$ env LANG=C svn cp advi/trunk/
advi/branches/split
svn: 'advi/branches' is not a working copy

Then, I tried a complete URL version:
svn cp svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-ocaml-maint/packages/advi/trunk
svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/pkg-ocaml-maint/packages/advi/branches/split

I was prompted for a changelog entry, which I supplied. But then svn
told me:
"svn-commit.tmp" 4 lines, 191 characters written
svn: Out of date: '/packages/advi/branches' in transaction '888-1'
svn: Your log-messages was saved in a temporary file:
svn:    'svn-commit.tmp'
(partially translated back into english).

As I understand, the svn cp failed. Since I did the update just a few
minutes ago, how do I avoid this "Out of date"? Or is there another
error?

Thanks!

      Helge
--