Re: Problem while compiling with pxpengine

On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 03:54:36PM +0200, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> While compiling an Ocaml application in a sane unstable pbuilder
> environnement, I ran accross the following problem:

I know, I will upload a new version of pxp soon (tomorrow).

> Files /usr/lib/ocaml/3.08.3/pxp-engine/pxp_engine.cmxa
> and /usr/lib/ocaml/3.08.3/netstring/netstring.cmxa
> make inconsistent assumptions over implementation Netconversion

BTW do anybody know what exactly triggers this kind of error?

This is not the usual cmi md5sum mismatch and indeed bytecode
compilation works properly, only native code compilation triggers the
linking error (note indeed the word "implementation" in the error
message above ...).

Indeed, md5sums of the interfaces are fine with ocamlnet 1.1-3 and pxp
1.1.95-6:

  zack@muletto:/usr/lib/ocaml/3.08.3/pxp-engine$ ocamlobjinfo pxp_engine.cma | grep Netconversion | uniq
        2228f51249f46513c6197a189eda178f        Netconversion

  zack@muletto:/usr/lib/ocaml/3.08.3/netstring$ ocamlobjinfo netstring.cma | grep Netconversion | uniq
    Unit name: Netconversion
        2228f51249f46513c6197a189eda178f        Netconversion