Re: opkg-buildpackage versus svn-buildpackage

Salut,

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 02:54:16PM +0200, Remi Vanicat wrote:
> 2005/5/29, Ralf Treinen <treinen@free.fr>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently did some experiments with svn-buildpackage. As far as I can
> > see, svn-buildpackage has all the functionality of opkg-buildpackage
>
> [...]
>

> > svn-buildpackage -rfakeroot -uc -us
>
> It doesn't work because the svn-deblayout file contain directory name
> comming from your computer (it look for the upstream source in your
> home directory for example).

Yes, of course. Stupid me to put an absolute pathname.

> By the way, I wonder if the tags facilities this will work for me
> without putting the tag directories on my computer, or if I will have
> to have the tags directories on my disk.

I don't think you need the tags subdirectory in your working copy.
The tagging is done directly on the url of the repository. Note,
however, that the directory tags/packages/MY_PACKAGE has to exist
in the svn repository (but not necessarily in your working copy).

I have put together a first version of a svn HOWTO (so far
in plain text). It is in the svn repo in trunk/policy. Comments
welcome.

-Ralf.