Re: ara 1.0.9 fixes

On Thursday 24 March 2005 20:25, Samuel Mimram wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 06:09:02PM +0200, George Danchev wrote:
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>I have a discussion [1] in mentors list about #290338 (ara: [m68k] FTBFS
> >>dh_testdir: I have no package to build).
> >>
> >>Besically we need to do two things [2]:
> >>* Build-Depend on ocaml-native-compilers, instead of ocaml-best-compilers
> >
> > Definitively not. Well, not entirely sure. ...
> >
> > Mmm, spamoracle build depends on ocaml-nox-3.08.3.
> >
> > Anyway, i don't know what there is to gain in not doing the
> > ocaml-best-compilers build-depend, i think there should be no problem at
> > all ?
>
> I'm against this too since users with non-native archs won't be able to
> rebuild the package.

Ah, I forgot about that again. You are right. Hm, but I have been told that
build-depending on virtual package will cause random breakage [1] (on buildd
side I guess?). Also I did not find a text in policy not to build-depend on
virtual packages or I'm wrong ?

> >>* Inform buildd admin add us to the Packages-arch-specific
> >
> > maybe just setting the explicit list in arch: field would be a solution ?
>
> There is already an arch field.
>
> >>[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2005/03/msg00361.html
> >>[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2005/03/msg00369.html
> >>
> >>Any objections ?
> >
> > i object to the first part, the second should be ok.
>
> I also object to the first point and the second one is already there.
>
> I've updated a bit the rules in order not to build native packages on
> non-native archs. It should be ok now. You can see it on the svn.

Right I've already saw that and that's what I replied [2] to his mail, but
Goswin insist of adding us to Packages-arch-specific list [3]. In fact I
didn't find any justifications that ara needs to be listed there. Hints where
to read abot that ?

> I'll make an upload this week-end if nobody is against it.

Good.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2005/03/msg00369.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2005/03/msg00367.html
[3]http://cvs.debian.org/srcdep/Packages-arch-specific?rev=1.551&cvsroot=dak&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB 2003-03-18 <danchev.fccf.net/key pgp.mit.edu>
fingerprint    1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB