rebuild order, eventually ...

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 04:34:38PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > BTW, the row of the graph are not exactly the dependency levels, it
> > seems that graphviz some time choose not to follow the rule I imagined.
> > Anyway the only package at level 1 listed higher in the graph seems to
> > be ocaml-tools, and Ralf already uploaded it. I'm writing right now a
> > tool to extract the exact clustering.
> Well, if we make it one package with one level delay, then it is not all that
> important.

It took me longer than I expected, but I finally manage to extract the
rebuild order from the .dot file generated by my script. At level 0
there is ocaml, between brackages there is the longest chain of build
dependencies from the package down to ocaml. The highest level is 4.

Here you are:

 0  ocaml                     []
 1  camlidl                   [ocaml]
 1  camlzip                   [ocaml]
 1  cdbs                      [ocaml]
 1  dag2html                  [ocaml]
 1  findlib                   [ocaml]
 1  fort                      [ocaml]
 1  geneweb                   [ocaml]
 1  headache                  [ocaml]
 1  hevea                     [ocaml]
 1  hlins                     [ocaml]
 1  lablgl                    [ocaml]
 1  ledit                     [ocaml]
 1  mlgmp                     [ocaml]
 1  mlgtk                     [ocaml]
 1  numerix                   [ocaml]
 1  ocaml-tools               [ocaml]
 1  ocamlagrep                [ocaml]
 1  ocamldsort                [ocaml]
 1  ocamlweb                  [ocaml]
 1  orpie                     [ocaml]
 1  otags                     [ocaml]
 1  perl4caml                 [ocaml]
 1  planets                   [ocaml]
 1  slat                      [ocaml]
 1  spamoracle                [ocaml]
 1  swig1.3                   [ocaml]
 2  bibtex2html               [hevea; ocaml]
 2  calendar                  [findlib; ocaml]
 2  cryptokit                 [numerix; ocaml]
 2  equeue                    [findlib; ocaml]
 2  extlib                    [findlib; ocaml]
 2  gmetadom                  [findlib; ocaml]
 2  lablgtk                   [lablgl; ocaml]
 2  lablgtk2                  [lablgl; ocaml]
 2  libpgsql-ocaml            [findlib; ocaml]
 2  mlglade                   [hevea; ocaml]
 2  mlpcap                    [findlib; ocaml]
 2  mysql-ocaml               [findlib; ocaml]
 2  ocaml-fileutils           [findlib; ocaml]
 2  ocaml-mad                 [findlib; ocaml]
 2  ocaml-shout               [findlib; ocaml]
 2  ocaml-sqlite              [findlib; ocaml]
 2  ocaml-vorbis              [findlib; ocaml]
 2  ocamlcreal                [mlgmp; ocaml]
 2  ocamlgraph                [findlib; ocaml]
 2  ocamlgsl                  [findlib; ocaml]
 2  ocamlsdl                  [lablgl; ocaml]
 2  ounit                     [findlib; ocaml]
 2  pagodacf                  [findlib; ocaml]
 2  pcre-ocaml                [findlib; ocaml]
 2  polygen                   [cdbs; ocaml]
 2  postgresql-ocaml          [findlib; ocaml]
 2  pycaml                    [ocaml-tools; ocaml]
 2  ulex                      [findlib; ocaml]
 2  wlex                      [findlib; ocaml]
 2  xstr                      [findlib; ocaml]
 3  ara                       [lablgtk2; lablgl; ocaml]
 3  cameleon                  [lablgtk; lablgl; ocaml]
 3  camlimages                [lablgtk; lablgl; ocaml]
 3  coq                       [lablgtk2; lablgl; ocaml]
 3  gdome2-xslt               [gmetadom; findlib; ocaml]
 3  lablgtk2-doc              [lablgtk2; lablgl; ocaml]
 3  lablgtkmathview           [gmetadom; findlib; ocaml]
 3  missinglib                [ounit; findlib; ocaml]
 3  mldonkey                  [lablgtk2; lablgl; ocaml]
 3  ocamlnet                  [pcre-ocaml; findlib; ocaml]
 3  ocamlodbc                 [lablgtk; lablgl; ocaml]
 3  regexp-pp                 [pcre-ocaml; findlib; ocaml]
 3  unison                    [lablgtk; lablgl; ocaml]
 4  advi                      [camlimages; lablgtk; lablgl; ocaml]
 4  dfsbuild                  [missinglib; ounit; findlib; ocaml]
 4  editex                    [gdome2-xslt; gmetadom; findlib; ocaml]
 4  netclient                 [ocamlnet; pcre-ocaml; findlib; ocaml]
 4  ocamldap                  [ocamlnet; pcre-ocaml; findlib; ocaml]
 4  ocamldbi                  [ocamlodbc; lablgtk; lablgl; ocaml]
 4  pxp                       [ocamlnet; pcre-ocaml; findlib; ocaml]

It could be extracted running slice.ml, available on svn
tools/build-dep-graph/ as follows:

  ./slice.ml ocaml ocaml_build_deps.dot