need help of an emacs expert for tuareg-mode

Hi,

I need help from an emacs expert. The problem is with tuareg-mode
1.44.3 (the problems also occurs with tuareg-mode-1.44-[0-2]). On
installation of a locally created package, byte compilation
of camldebug.el (renamed to camldebug-tuareg.el in the tuareg
package) fails. The compilation error can be reproduced as follows:

Unpack upstream's tuareg-mode-1.44.3 (I have placed a copy in
the pkg-ocaml-maint svn archive for your convenience), cd in the
directory.

echo '(setq load-path (cons "." load-path ) byte-compile-warnings nil )'
	> path.el

emacs -q -batch -l path.el -f batch-byte-compile camldebug.el

This yields an error "Symbol's value as variable is void
((font-lock-reference-face))". Note that font-lock-reference-face
is referenced in tuareg.el and not in camldebug.el, and the
file tuareg.el compiels fine. Also, byte-compiling camldebug.el
in an interactive emacs session (with byte-compile-file) does
not produce any error.

Can anyone help me with this? I contacted Albert Cohen (the upstream
author) about this but he said that he could not reproduce the
error.

Thanks for any help -Ralf.