Re: [ocaml-http] Debian apt-proxy/apt-cacher replacement

On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 01:24:18PM -0500, Eric C. Cooper wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 01, 2005 at 09:41:13AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 03:13:38PM -0500, Eric C. Cooper wrote:
> > > I use a libcurl wrapper for the client side (downloads from remote APT
> > > repositories).  I use Stefano's package for the server (daemon) side
> > > to listen for and respond to requests.  (He has a rudimentary client
> > > side also, but I needed FTP support and more control over HTTP headers
> >
> > Could you please elaborate on this?
> >
> > After we got in touch a while ago I added a callback in Http_user_agent
> > to access header data in the, _very_ rudimentary, don't be too nice with
> > my library :), client side part of my library.  What do you need in
> > addition?
>
> Thanks, the new interface is all I need now for HTTP methods.  But I
> also need FTP methods for some repositories, and maybe also HTTPS,
> preferably with a consistent interface.  Libcurl gives me this "for
> free".

Indeed.

> BTW, approx is already packaged (i.e., there's a debian/ directory and
> the package builds without any error from lintian/linda).  But I'm a
> novice at Debian packages, so I'm sure there's a lot of room for
> improvement.

Well, by packaging we obviously also mean uploading to the debian archive.
Also notice the pkg-ocaml-maint (will try to get it renamed to ocaml i think)
project on alioth, and in particular the subversion repository holding the
debian directories of all if not most ocaml related packages.