Re: hevea licencing problems

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 08:41:16AM +0100, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 12:56:12AM +0100, Samuel Mimram wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Argh!
> >
> > Having a look at this problem I dicovered that hevea was under the QPL
> > which is generally considered as non-free if I remember correctly the
> > events of this summer concerning OCaml. Sven, I'm I correct? Should this
> > package be moved to non-free?
>
> Frankly, I did not follow the discussion about QPL during the summer.
> Is there really a *consensus* that all QPL-licenced software is not
> DFSG-free?

Nope, but Xavier and the ocaml team decided to drop the choice of venu clause
(which may be illegal anyway, at least in french law), and the QPL 6c, so
debian-legal was happy. I suggest that hevea upstream does the same thing too.

I believe these two clause are legalese stuff which would never really apply
in real life anyway, so they loose nothing.