Re: ocaml-findlib: to X or not to X

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 09:52:03AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> The ocaml 3.08 aware version of ocaml-findlib depends on ocaml-3.08
> instead of ocaml-nox-3.08. Since a lot of ocaml related packages depends
> on it, this means that the nox split is almost useless.
>
> Strictly speaking findlib is not completely X free since it ships some
> META files for, for example, the Graphics module shipped with ocaml.
> Since I would like to avoid splitting findlib in standard and -nox I'm
> considering ignoring the issue and change the dependency to
> ocaml-nox-3.08 even if those METAs are included.

What about a dependency on ocaml-nox, and a recomends on ocaml ?

> If it's ok for you I will make a new findlib upload with the fixed
> dependency.

Yeah, i guess this is ok, since ocaml-withx is not needed to run findlib,
which is what counts for the dependency. Furthermore, the -withx META files
will automatically work once you have installed the -withx package, right ?

Just one last question though, how will findlib react if you have a package
which needs one of the X components, and it is not installed ?