Re: Coq & ocaml 3.08

> When will be the release of the new coq ? Any time schedule ?

 No time schedule has been decided officially, but the next week has
 been given indicated to me. (There are still a few bugs open in the
 bug tracking system that deserves a fix.)

> I guess they were waiting for the ocaml 3.08 release to make such an
> announcement ?

 No, they were not (I have joined the team and I share the office with
 the guy that makes the releases --- and that is now on vacation).
 Indeed I think that work is needed to port it to 3.08.

 The suggestion for Samuel was to start packagint the current 3.08
 stable release since the new upstream tarball will be almost equal
 to the old one (but for the release change and the few bug fixes).
 However, I think that the 3.08 debian package would break this suggestion ;-(

> But again, can you try to get the estimated release schedule, and come
> back here ? Depending on it i will go forward or not.

 For sure not before monday 19th and almost for sure before the august
 holidays. I cannot be more precise now (since a few developers are on
 vacation for a few days).

					Cheers,
					C.S.C.

Real name: Claudio Sacerdoti Coen
Doctor in Computer Science, University of Bologna
E-mail: sacerdot@cs.unibo.it
http://www.cs.unibo.it/~sacerdot