Re: Failures with new packages

On Sun, 2004-07-04 at 12:29, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> > Ok, can you add that to subversion for tomorrow, i have not the time
> > today to do it.
>
> I'm going to coordinate with Mike first.
Oops, sorry, I thought you were going to ahead and make the changes.
(Its not even my pacakge :)

So, I was going to go ahead and check things in this morning, but still
got some errors after fixing the versions.  I thus added Replaces fields
to the new packages which steal files from others(this is actually in
policy 7.5.1)  After I did this, a simple dpkg -i *.deb still gives some
errors, but if you run it twice it goes fine.  More importantly, if you
install them through apt, they go in fine without even a warning.  I
have just checked all this into svn as -4.

My checks this time have been
$ pbuilder login
# apt-get install libgmp-ocaml-dev (just to have a dep on ocaml)
[copy *.deb into chroot]
# apt-ftparchive yadadada && vi /etc/apt/sources.list
# apt-get update
# apt-get dist-upgrade

--
Mike Furr <mfurr@debian.org>
1024D/124B26F3 5B9F 587F BC5C D823 50CE  4DB0 ED93 CA29 124B 26F3