Re: COQ 8.0

Le Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:57:02 +0200 Claudio Sacerdoti Coen
<sacerdot@cs.unibo.it> a écrit :

> > > I had started to work on it but stopped when I learned that coq
> > > 8.0 combines GPL code with QPL code.
>
>  I didn't know about that. I have just rgrep-ed QPL in the Coq V8.0
>  source tree (CVS version) and I have found no instance of the word
>  QPL. What informations have you got exactly?

In the sources downldable from the website:

% rgrep "Q Public" . -l
./ide/utils/configwin.mli
./ide/utils/okey.mli

Those files seem to come from Cameleon which is now licensed under the
GPL.

What is also very worrying I think is:

% rgrep "GNU General Public License" . -l
./contrib/jprover/jall.ml
./contrib/jprover/jtunify.ml
./contrib/xml/acic.ml
./contrib/xml/acic2Xml.ml4
./contrib/xml/cic.dtd
./contrib/xml/cic2acic.ml
./contrib/xml/doubleTypeInference.ml
./contrib/xml/doubleTypeInference.mli
./contrib/xml/proof2aproof.ml
./contrib/xml/proofTree2Xml.ml4
./contrib/xml/theoryobject.dtd
./contrib/xml/unshare.ml
./contrib/xml/unshare.mli
./contrib/xml/xml.ml4
./contrib/xml/xml.mli
./contrib/xml/xmlcommand.ml
./contrib/xml/xmlcommand.mli
./contrib/xml/xmlentries.ml4
./ide/utils/configwin.ml
./ide/utils/configwin_html_config.ml
./ide/utils/configwin_ihm.ml
./ide/utils/configwin_keys.ml
./ide/utils/configwin_messages.ml
./ide/utils/configwin_types.ml
./ide/utils/okey.ml
./tools/coq-inferior.el

(the whole project seems to be under the GPL!)

Cheers,

Sam.