Re: Installing more of OCaml

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 11:19:58AM +0200, Alain.Frisch@ens.fr wrote:
> Giving access to the internals of the compiler opens the door to many nice
> applications. A few examples, that require only the stuff in parsing/
> utils/ typing/:

Thanks, the examples sound convicing to me. What do you think is a
reasonable name for a library including the stuff you're requesting? On
the cduce-devel ML you stated that you've looked for something similar
both for GODI and the gentoo distribution, have you already
chosen/proposed a name for this stuff? If possible it would be better to
be consistent ...

> > Alain, will you then package the CDuce stuff and have it sponsored into
> > debian or something such ?
> Zack already set up an apt-gettable repository for the last release of
> CDuce. What is the "sponsoring" procedure to get a package into the
> "real" Debian ?

I suppose Sven was asking you to hack the ocaml debian package for
shipping this stuff as a new package and then a debian developer to
upload the package for you. But as already discussed I can look at it
since I'm already familiar with the ocaml debian package. I would just
wait a bit more to understand how much overlap exists between your
request and the cameleon needs.