Re: Perl4caml packaged

Quoting John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>:

> On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 12:14:27PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > tla id-tagging-method explicit
> > >
> > > Then you tla add, tla delete, tla mv, etc. files just like you would
> > > with svn.  Or CVS.
> >
> > Well, the nice feature we use in subversion is the ability to easily
> > 'tag' release, which is extremely difficult and undocumented in arch.
>
> It's easy but undocumented :-)

I think "undocumented" is a wrong wording. I'd say "the semantic is
different". The "config spec" concept does exists in other VC systems
like Clearcase.

The concept of "CVS tag" means identifying a set of files with respect
to their version. With arch, it is as simple as a given changeset.

--
Jérôme Marant