Re: meta-ocaml out of date

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 10:43:52PM +0100, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> Sylvain,
>
> On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 10:23:40PM +0100, Sylvain LE GALL wrote:

> > > I don't understand. Of course there is an upstream - in fact there
> > > are (at the moment) three of them. We just merge them into one
> > > orig.tar.gz tarball, and build the package from it.
>
> > Well, correct me if i am wrong : all upstream ( the one who put small
> > files together, not the real up-upstream ) are all debian developper and
>
> The only upstream(s) are those who author the files. The people
> who bundle them are not upstream.

;-) That is why i am refering them as up-upstream authors ( it is not a
typo error ). It is just to make the distinction on the job consisting
of creating upstream source -> package and the job consisting of
upstream sources -> file collection -> package

> > the version of the package is tightly bound to debian ( ie this
> > collection of file is targeted to debian )...
>
> No, the version number is tightly bound to the date.

Really ???? You answered this great question i am asking myself : what
does 2003.10.03-1 means ? ( ;-) )

> > If this is the case, i think it is more interesting to use projects/ so
> > we can easily add/remove/manage files.
>
> Why? ocaml-tools is a package, not a project. I don't understand
> what you are aiming at.
>
> -Ralf.

I am aiming at nothing, in fact. I just consider that is is simpler to
add one file to a svn dir than to upload a full .tar.gz each time we
need to add one file to this package.

The projects/ of pkg-ocaml-maint, is not A project, ie i don't want to
steal the authoring of the file. The only differences between packages/
and projects/ is that working in projects/ is targeted to all file in
the package and working in packages/ is targeted only on working on
debian/...

After this, i have no problem having a full .tar.gz uploaded each time
we do an update... I really don't care, it was just a matter of
convenience.

Kind regard
Sylvain LE GALL