Re: NEW ocaml licence proposal by upstream, will be part of the 3.08.1 release going into sarge.

Sven Luther said:

> No, the QPL itself is non-free, and doesn't allow for modification, which
> is
> why we chose to use the pure QPL, and then the special exception.
>
> The choice of law clause is allowed to be modified though by Trolltech, so
> it
> is less problematic.

Ok, one "apt-get install wdiff" later, and I agree with you completely.  I
thought I had read about some wording changes to other clauses, but there
aren't any in the licenses you'd posted.

Would it be possible, though, (perhaps in the debian copyright file) to
indicate that this is not licensed under the (non-free) stock QPL, but
rather a relaxed QPL?  Just as a note for future readers?

--Joe