Re: Coq & ocaml 3.08

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 01:29:53PM +0200, Claudio Sacerdoti Coen wrote:
>  Dear packagers,
>
>  ocaml 3.08 is great news. And the new version of Coq that fixes the licence
>  problems (and a few other bugs) is about to be released.

When will be the release of the new coq ? Any time schedule ? I guess
they were waiting for the ocaml 3.08 release to make such an
announcement ?

>  However, I think that the Coq package that is in testing right now, the stable
>  release of Coq and --- up to now --- the forthcoming bug/licence fix release
>  won't compile with ocaml 3.08 (due to changes in camlp4).

Ok, that should be no problem, provided the new coq release would not be
to far away. ocaml 3.07 will stay in sarge until all dependent programs
are rebuilt in unstable. This will be a mess for those tracking unstable
probably, and packages which don't follow the policy on dependencies may
still make it to testing and thus break.

But again, can you try to get the estimated release schedule, and come
back here ? Depending on it i will go forward or not.

I have new ocaml 3.08 packages ready, and even moved the subversion
trunk already to point to them.