Re: splitting up the ocaml package: summary

Hello,

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 05:57:28PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 10:36:53AM -0400, Michael Furr wrote:
> > On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, [iso-8859-1] Jérôme Marant wrote:
> > > BTW Mike, it seems you didn't update debian/copyright about compiler-libs,
> > > did you ?
> >
> > I added debian/ocaml-compiler-libs.copyright and o-c-l.README.Debian which
> > each have a note in them.  I didn't think it was necessary to put it in
> > the main .copyright file since most people won't use the package anyway
> > and those who do, will hopefully look at its R.D or copyright before
> > using.  However, if you think it should be there, go ahead and change it.
>
> It should be ok, i will upload it. Anyway, it will need to pass the NEW
> queue, so there is always time to make a new package.
>
> Now, what is the best practice to bring this tihng again in the main
> trunk ? Move the trunk out of the way, and svn mv the branch to the
> trunk ? Mike, you did a svn cp when you first created it, right ?

Reading the svn book, i think you should use svn merge ! It will be
slower than svn rm / svn mv, but it is better ( regarding revision
system ). Since the trunk doesn't have made big changes since the fork
it should be easy !

If you want, i can do it... Just tell me

Kind regard
Sylvain Le Gall