This is a bug in OCamlMake

reassign 242138 ocaml-tools
thanks

Hello,

This bug is a problem in OCamlmake, specifically related to ocamlmktop.

To duplicate, first grab a copy of the Debian sources for pycaml 0.81-3.
Run debian/rules config.status.  Replace the generated Makefile with the
attached one.

Run 'make'.  Notice:

ocamlmktop \
                          \
                        unix.cma threads.cma -thread    -I
/usr/include/python2.3 -I /usr/include/ocaml/3.07 -I
/usr/include/ocaml/3.07 -linkall    -ccopt -L/usr/lib/python2.3/config
pycaml_ml.o -cclib -lpython2.3 -cclib -lpthread -cclib -ldl -cclib
-lutil  -o pycaml.top \
                        pycaml.cmo
Error while linking pycaml.cmo:
The external function `pytuple_fromarray' is not available
make[1]: *** [pycaml.top] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/jgoerzen/tree/debian/+packages/pycaml/pycaml-0.81'
make: *** [top] Error 2

Now, try this:

ocamlmktop -o pycaml.top pycaml.cma

Note how this command works fine.  You can make sure it generated a
useful executable with:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd` ./pycaml.top

I believe that something in how OCamlMakefile is calling ocamlmktop is
wrong.  I do not know exactly what.

-- John