Re: ocaml without X, how?

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 12:12:54PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 07:42:49AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> > as you might remember I'm rewriting debmirror in ocaml and currently I
> > wonder about the Depends I need.
>
> If you compile to native code, the depends list will be a lot lower --
> in fact, not having OCaml there at all.
>
> Have you considered that option?

No it is not an option.

Debian supports many architectures, not all of them supporting the
native code compiler.

Please keep that in mind when you package ocaml related stuff. Also have
a look at the spamoracle package for an example on how nicely to provide
bytecode & nativecode.

Also for a software like debmirror, native code may be overkill and an
excessive burden to the archive.