Re: ocaml without X, how?

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> It could be done in common with the ocaml-toplevel split also we spoke
> about.
>
> This would mean the following distribution :
>

> ocaml-base : Depends on ocaml-base-nox
> ocaml-base-nox
>
> ocaml-toplevel: depends on ocaml-base
> ocaml : depends on ocaml-toplevel
> ocaml-native-compilers
>
> I am not sure i believe that removing X from the ocaml compiler suite is
> worth it.
>
> Alternatively, we could split the libraries out of the ocaml package,
> but again, is it worth the effort ?

Well, I don't know for splitting the libraries, but if people began to
wrote application in ocaml that are useful on server, to be able to
install such an application without installing xlib is worth it (I
believed).

By the way, it seem that some of our user want it, so this mean that
at least it have a value for them.

--
Rémi Vanicat