Makefiles in Subversion repository ?

Hello,

I was thinking something about the way we handle subversion stuff.

Would it make sense to have in each trunk directory also a simple
Makefile which would contain some simple targets to ease the build and
upload of the packages ?

I was thinking of the following stuff :

  - build : calls opkg-buildpackage, and builds the package, preferably
    in a subdirectory called build.
  - pbuild : same but using pbuilder.
  - clean : erase all stuff not needed.
  - tag : does the necessary svn magic to tag the current version.
  - sign, upload : calls debsign and dupload.
  - upload_and_tag : calls the upload and tag targets.

Does this make sense ?