Re: Bignum standalone package.

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 07:00:39PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 05:34:18PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> >   1) make a standalone version and upload it to the archive (or
> >   experimental even).
> >   2) upload a cvs snapshot of ocaml to experimental.
> >
> > 2) seems easier to do, but ideally, i should do both.
> >
> > What do you think about it.
>
> I would rather prefer (1) because it seems to be a backward compatible
> solution. Packaging ocaml cvs snapshot will solve the problem but can
> also introduce bug, instability, binary incompatibilities, ecc ...

Yep. the choices are really 1) only, or 1) and 2). 2) is far easier to
do though (cvs checkout, copying the debian directory, build, upload).

Both will need to pass the ftp-masters and the NEW queue, so assuredly
not available before a few months or so.

Mmm, maybe someone else should upload 1) (with me doing the work in the
SVN repository), as i am in cold with elmo right now (well, again, but
this time not on anything ocaml related).