Re: %20Possible licensing problem of otherslibs/num

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 08:38:11PM +0100, sylvain.le-gall@polytechnique.org wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 07:24:26PM +0100, Serge Leblanc wrote:
> > Is the problem of licence of the library BigNum solved?
> >

> Hello,
>
> In fact, i think that the problem has been solved... If there is really
> a problem :
> - nobody seems to remember to whom belongs the licence

No, the licence belongs to Digital which was bought by Compaq, which in
turn was bought by HP. Our contact at HP knows about it, but needs to
take time to dig in the paperwork. So, it is not so much that we don't
know to whom the licence belongs, but that the paper containing the
licence is lost in a huge pill of old papers or something such, and it
takes some time to search for it.

> - the part has been removed for now of ocaml and a new bignum library is
>   being rewritten...
>
> After that, i think that sven luther is better placed to answer this
> question...

Yes, i answered already.