Re: ocaml and lindows.com

Hello,

> Well, i have begun work on a little source snapshot tool (it takes a
> given list of binary packages and version, transform them to source
> version, and should go download the corresponding sources at
> snapshot.debian.org, but i didn't finish it). Goswin also has some ocaml
> tools for making debian mirrors, or something such. There is also ara in
> the archive, altough i don't remember who wrote it.
>
> Maybe it is time for writing a common ocaml library for interaction with
> ocaml packages list and such, should not be all that difficult, but
> would beat having everyone implement their own version of it.

Take a look at pkg-ocaml-maint/dh-make-ocaml/lib. I think you should
like PackageName for example which try to guess package type from name (
or to fetch it from a little DB ). It also includes type
OcamlBaseVPackage OcamlVPackage...

It also try to guess correct pathname for different package component (
META, lib... ).

It is not fully finished but i try to build some dh_ocaml* to help
debian packager to do their work.

And most of all : it will try to guess depends from package ( based on
information provided by exported cmi and matching imported cmi signature
of cmi/cmo/cma ).

> I have also been thinking about a full dpkg/apt ocaml reimplementation
> in ocaml, but never had the time for it. A full coq proven and generated
> implementation would be sweet too, but a lot of work.

I also have think to it ;-> Great idea, but need a lot of time.

Kind regard
Sylvain LE GALL