Re: ocaml 3.07beta2 is up at people.debian.org/~luther/ocaml

On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 04:25:03PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> For the objinfo patch, two remarks, Xavier told me it would be good to
> ship it, but he likes to do more improvement in the post 3.07 timeframe,
> and it should probably be renamed ocamlobjinfo. Stefano, if you feel
> like doing this, you could already modify the objinfo patch so that it
> is called ocamlobjinfo.

Sure, I agree with Xavier that objinfo is not a good name for it. Anyway
I prefer to keep the actual name until we see a "ocamlbojinfo"
executable on the upstream CVS :-)

> we can handle it. Furthermore, i will just ship a plain ocaml 3.07
> package, and not go forward with the parallel installation plan for now.

Ok, given that we were able to point the attention of the ocaml team on
the issue of parallel installations, I think is better to wait for news
from them. At least for a while.

> If yes, please everyone, could you either test your packages with the
> ocaml-3.07-beta2 (feel free to upload them also to my repository or
> something), and if there are problems with it, or if you are awaiting a

I actually don't know if I will be able to try them all before 3.07 is
out ... if anybody else is volunteering I've no objections in seeing
them uploaded to sven's repository by someone else.

Stefano Zacchiroli  --  Master in Computer Science @ Uni. Bologna, Italy
zack@{cs.unibo.it,debian.org,bononia.it}  -  http://www.bononia.it/zack/
"  I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!  " -- G.Romney