Re: ocaml 3.07beta2 is up at people.debian.org/~luther/ocaml

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 07:39:51AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Sven Luther (sven.luther@wanadoo.fr):
>
> > W: ocaml source: newer-standards-version 3.6.0
>
> lintian needs update. BTW, you can now use 3.6.1 as long as you use
> debconf for user input during package installation.

I don't do any user input thingy anymore, so i guess it is ok, wheter i
use debconf or not.

> > W: ocaml source: outdated-autotools-helper-file config/gnu/config.guess 2001-06-25
> > W: ocaml source: outdated-autotools-helper-file config/gnu/config.sub 2001-06-08
>
> Maybe you can consider using in debian/rules a system for
> automagically replace upstream-provided config.{guess|sub} files by
> more up-to-date ones which come with autotools-dev.

I don't like this, it messes up the .diff.gz file with lot of useless
config* stuff. What is the best way to handling this ?

> See /usr/share/doc/autotools-dev README's for examples.....Or one of
> my packages (lifelines or poedit).

Ok, i will have a look. BTW, i really hate all this auto* stuff.

> Sorry if you're aware of all this so that I try to learn you something
> you better know than me...which is perfectly possible... :-)

No, thanks for the help.