problems with ocamlopt

Hi all,

I have some code which is doing some basic matrix calculations (for a
perceptron classifier) and I've run into some problems with ocamlopt. It
seems that the same code, which runs fine on my laptop (powerbook, mac
os x > 10.2, ocaml 3.06) with ocamlopt and runs fine on a linux machine
(athlon mp 2000+, 2.4.18-24.7, ocaml 3.06 using gcc 3.2), does not run
on my work machine (pentium 4 2.26, debian 2.4.20, ocaml 3.06 using gcc
3.3.1). On my work machine if I just compile via ocamlc, the code runs
fine. But if I do it to native code, I get (a) incorrect numbers after a
certain number of iterations of my code, (b) a stack overflow after a
few more iterations. I have no special ocamlopt flags set. I first
thought maybe it's the binaries from debian that were at fault, but I
tried recompiling but that did not help the situation.

What could possibly be at fault here? Is it ocamlopt? Is it debian? the
kernel?

Any help would be much appreciated. Below is some information on the
work machine where ocamlopt is coughing up. Thanks!

# /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 2
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.26GHz
stepping        : 4
cpu MHz         : 2254.022
cache size      : 512 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm
bogomips        : 4495.76

# gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.3.1 20030626 (Debian prerelease)

# ocamlopt -version
3.06