Re: ocaml 3.07 packages.

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 09:17:34PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 09:05:54PM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> > Hi Sven,
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 02:28:17PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> >
> > > Ok, i have done a bit more work over lunchtime, and uploaded the new
> > > packages. They are called ocaml-3.07, ocaml-base-3.07 and so on. Even a
> > > new ocaml-source-3.07 is included.
> >
> > could you please check them into the svn repository at alioth?
>
> Erm, i don't know if this makes sense, i thought i would do that once
> there is a real ocaml 3.07 released, but i must admit that i didn't look
> all that much into the SVN stuff yet. Also, i suppose it would be better

I think it makes a lot of sense from the moment on when we are supposed
to look at it, and to send patches back. After all this is what
version control systems are made for. For instance, if the local
emacs expert (whoever that is) wants to do some modifications to
the installation of the caml emacs mode he can do this very
easily :-)

> to dpatch it before putting it in the repository, but then, maybe i
> misunderstood something.

Yes, you should dpatchify it. After having done this with some of
my packages I have to say that this is very rewarding since it
gives you a much better control about the patches that you want
to maintain (much better than to do a uupdate and let the diff
grow). I will now use dpatch for all of my packages.

-Ralf.