Re: ocaml 3.06 and tcl/tk 8.4 ...

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 01:11:33PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Or i could wait for ocaml 3.07 to do this.
> What would be your opinion on this ?

I think is better to fix the problem with ocaml 3.06. Release dates are
not certain at all.

> I will probably not have time for doing a true multiple parallel
> installable ocaml-3.07, and i believe that this needs changes to the
> ocaml install that needs to be discussed upstream (changing the ocamlrun
> name to be ocamlrun-<version> in the ocaml bytecode programs), but have

Is really not possible to handle this stuff only from the debian side?
For all programs that rely on /usr/bin/ocamlrun we can use a symlink to
/usr/bin/ocamlrun-3.07 (as we have already discussed IIRC).

I think it is important to try to handle this parallel installation. If
you have not enough time to work on it we can try to share the efforts

Regarding gdm is probably that a solution will be found, just because it
block too many packages. But actually we don't know how many problems
can encounter the new ocaml 3.07 package. This is another reason to try
to keep both the old 3.06 package and the new 3.07.

Stefano Zacchiroli  --  Master in Computer Science @ Uni. Bologna, Italy
zack@{cs.unibo.it,debian.org,bononia.it}  -  http://www.bononia.it/zack/
"  I know you believe you understood what you think I said, but I am not
sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!  " -- G.Romney