Re: Policy ready to be edited

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 09:15:25AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 11:05:27PM +0200, Sylvain LE GALL wrote:
> > Hello,

> We could also ship the .mli in the package, and generate all the doc at
> install time.

Some times, ocamldoc tags are in the .ml.... So why don't we upload
just source ;->

> But then, it all depends on how time consuming the generation process is
> compared to the size of the files.
>
> The documentation could also be moved in a separate -doc package if
> needed, with a template debian/rules patch for them.

Anyway, we can do exactly what we want. I don't even say it is
mandatory. However, for people wanting to use an HTML readable doc,
we could ship .odoc an generate what they want.

I really don't want to go in the kind of war which is : is that upstream
or packager work... With this kind of reasoning, you simply have to stop
shipping extra META...

I think packaging is a bit helping upstream and user... It is a joint
between two work. So if no one want to shipped doc, i will shipped doc
in my package, and for those who don't want they can simply not do it.
However, if i shipped doc, and others want also to ship doc, i just want
to have a standard place to put it ( /usr/share/ocamldoc/ for example ).

Regard
Sylvain LE GALL