Re: 3.07 transition: bad news

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 12:41:16PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> I've a FTBFS for gmetadom on hppa. It's probably an autotools related
> issue I'm investigating with upstream, we probably found the problem,
> but I'm waiting for a suitable chroot on paer (I've sent a mail to
> debian-hppa, still no answer) to debug the problem.

You should contact debian-admin.

> Once I've solved the problem should I upload with urgency=high?

Yes, please.

> Is it permitted or is just an abuse to make packages enter testing
> quickly?

I never found any mention on the urgency to use, but seriously, you will
just apply a relatively minor autotool patch, which will in no way
change the compiled files of gmetadom, and should thus be exactly
similar to the version currently sitting for 9 days in unstable. So i
doubt it will introduce new bugs other than the ones which you will
catch anyway by failed autobuilders.

I am hesitating about uploading fixed lablgl,lablgtk and lablgtk2
packages with urgency high. I think i will wait for after the
mini-freeze. For information, it only changes the debian/rules to
install in /usr/lib/ocaml/3.07 instead of /usr/lib/ocaml/3.07+2, fixed
version are already checked in in SVN, in case somebody needs to rebuild
them.