Re: Policy ready to be edited

"Sylvain LE GALL" <sylvain.le-gall@polytechnique.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have just finish to fixed the policy document you can found on
> pkg-ocaml-maint / dh-make-ocaml/trunk/policy. There is a master document
> ( ocaml_packaging_policy.xml ) and chapter/appendix.
>
> Off course, they need to be filled by something ( sorry i have no time
> to do something more clean ).
>
> As we have discussed on friday night :
> - choose between putting META file either in stdlibdir/META.package
>   or stdlibdir/package/META ( we have choose the second one because it is
>   the default way of doint this with ocamlfind... )
> - separated camlp4 extension in stdlibdir/package-syntax/. Add a META
>   file in this directory with the syntax target.
> - define a way to ship documentation generated by package or mli
>   translation through ocamldoc :
>    - my idea : create an ocamldoc-base package containing a script able
>      to convert "ocamldoc.... -dump package.odoc" through "ocamldoc -load
>      package.odoc .... (-html|-man|... )" to html, manpages...

I prefer this to the other one. Because

By the way, the info file generated by running makeinfo on a ocamldoc
generated texi files doesn't work out of the box with install-info,
which is the preferred way of installing info file with debian.

One have to run ocamldoc info as :
ocamldoc -info-entry "* Foo: (foo).       Ocaml bindings to foo." -texi -v \
    -t foo -o foo.texi -load foo.odoc

don't forget : the "*" the ":" and the "." in "* Foo: (foo).", and
don't forget an non empty description afterward (it's the problem
with the ocamldoc generated texi : there is an empty description which
make install-info failed.

By the way, camelon is able to use directly the odoc file for
documentation. I don't know if there is a way to add odoc file to the
defaults one automatically (Manualy, each user may configure it in
cameleon). So shipping those odoc file might be interesting.

By the way, As I was trying to use it, it occur to me that cameleon
is looking for /usr/lib/ocaml/3.06//cameleon/stdlib.odoc and
/usr/lib/ocaml/3.06//cameleon/cameleon.odoc when it should be looking
inside the 3.07 directories.

--
Rémi Vanicat
vanicat@debian.org