Re: Anyone depending on a library exported by cameleon

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 10:12:43PM +0200, Sylvain LE GALL wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working on cameleon.
>
> In order to make the META work, i need to split the /usr/lib/ocaml/3.07/cameleon
> in many small pieces ( report, ocamlcvs, configwin et al ).
>
> Is anyone, depending on this library :
> - libreport-ocaml-dev
> - libocamlcvs-ocaml-dev
> - libconfigwin-ocaml-dev
> - liboption-ocaml-dev
> - libmlchat-ocaml-dev
> - libokey-ocaml-dev
> - libgpattern-ocaml-dev
>
> Thanks
> Sylvain LE GALL
>

> --

I must admit that you are all right... This a too much big change.

So i proposed :
- keep the .../cameleon directory as the only container for all library
- create /usr/lib/ocaml/3.07/{okey,configwin,ocamlcvs...} with a only a
  META inside, pointing to ^cameleon/
- move the plugins of cameleon to /usr/lib/cameleon/plugins/
- move the ocamldoc generated doc to /usr/share/ocamldoc/ ( it is used
  for docbrowser )
- write in README that the layout will change in a future version and
  recommends to use findlib.

Another question :
The actual cameleon package depends on all the libs created with
cameleon ( libokey-ocaml-dev ... ). But these are not depends but
suggested package.

What should i do :
- create a package cameleon-libs depending on all the library and
  suggest to use it for cameleon
- leave it alone

Thanks
Sylvain LE GALL