To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: [Caml-list] ANNOUNCE: mod_caml 0.9.0
From: Richard Jones <rich@annexia.org>

I'm pleased to announce that mod_caml 0.9.0 is available here:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/files/?group=modcaml
http://www.merjis.com/developers/mod_caml/

mod_caml is a set of Objective CAML (OCaml) bindings for the Apache
API. It allows you to run CGI scripts written in OCaml directly inside
the Apache webserver. However, it is much much more than just that:

    * Bind to any part of the Apache request cycle.
    * Read and modify internal Apache structures.
    * Share modules of code between handlers and scripts.
    * CGI library and templating system (allows separation of code and
	presentation).
    * DBI library for simple database access.

The main change is that we now have a DBI layer for simple access to
relational databases. Implemented so far: a PostgreSQL driver. MySQL
coming soon.

The distribution has various examples including a comments system,
which you can see demonstrated at http://www.annexia.org/

Rich.

--
Richard Jones. http://www.annexia.org/ http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj