Re: ocaml library to fetch network files ?

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 09:28:08AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 11:05:37PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > Do some of you know if there is already an ocaml library packaged which
> > > enables to get files over the network, with a given url, a bit like wget
> > > does.
> > >
> > > I guess one of Stefano's packages does this, i will look at them.
> >
> > There is libnetclient-ocaml-dev, but it works just with HTTP. Otherwise

Is that any good? Does it have keep-alive and can work asynchronously?
I was thinking of forking wget to do http downloading and an ftp
client for ftp.

> Should do for now, altough i was not sure from a quick overview
> yesterday, nor from downloding the source and reading its doc.
> HTTP is enough for now, since the aim is to write a small tool to parse
> Sources and other such files, and fetch all the source packages from
> snapshot.debian.net corresponding to an installed debian system.

If you wait a bit the new debmirror will do that for you or most of
it.

I have downloading of files with rsync, md5sum/size checks and all the
parsing of Release/Packages/Sources files done. Working on the
conffile parsing now.

For the debian-installer I have a mode that will take a list of
packages (from debootstrap) and make a mirror with just that
subset. Getting it to use "dpkg --get-selections" instead should be
quite simple.

What exactly do you want to fetch? Or rather what repository?
Using a yyyy/mm/dd/ repository for sources would be easy.

> > there are the bindings to libcurl, but they aren't yet packaged.
>
> We could package it, who is upstream to this ?
>
> Friendly,
>
> Sven Luther

Oh, by the way, the new debmirror is even in ocaml. :)

MfG
        Goswin