Re: ocaml compiled binaries and rpath

 Somebody wrote:

> > I've just look to the rpath one can found into the dll of
> > /usr/lib/ocaml/3.06/stublibs :
> > the directories are : /usr/lib /usr/local/lib /usr/X11R6/lib
> > /usr/lib/ocaml/3.06/stublibs. The first 3 are not useful (I think),
> > but the last one seem to be needed.
> > For example lablgtkmathview

 Here we are. This is the problematic package that inspired my elaborated
 example, which was just a stream-lined version of the lablgtkmathview
 dependencies.

> > have a rpath to
> > /usr/lib/ocaml/3.06/stublibs, and if one remove the rpath using
> > chrpath, then it won't work anymore (the toplevel won't load it,
> > because it won't find libmlgdome.so). I've just make the test.

 Exactly.

> > But for example libmlgdome.so have a rpath only to /usr/lib and seem
> > to still work after I've remove it. (I've done a lot of test, but it
> > is still loaded by the toplevel).

 Exactly again: libmlgdome does not depend on other bindings.
 lablgtkmathview does.

 The point is that stublibs is added to ocaml/ld.conf, that is used
 only by the ocaml libraries and not by the bindings ===> we need
 the -rpath for bindings depending on bindings.

 If you find a -rpath free solution for lablgtkmathview, I would be
 very very interested in studing it!

						Cheers,
						C.S.C.

Real name: Claudio Sacerdoti Coen
PhD Student in Computer Science at University of Bologna
E-mail: sacerdot@cs.unibo.it
http://www.cs.unibo.it/~sacerdot