Re: [bugreport] lablgtk un{st,us}able

Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 05:59:39PM +0100, Remi VANICAT wrote:
>> Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> writes:
>>
>> > I'm a bit puzzled about the behaviour of lablgtk on debian/unstable, I'm
>> > using the latest 1.x lablgtk version (1.2.5-6+20021031).
>> >
>> > Even the simplest /usr/share/doc/liblablgtk-ocaml-dev/examples/hello.ml
>> > doesn't work (I've removed some blank lines from the a.out output
>> > between various Gtk/Glib messages to trim down this mail):
>>
>> [...]
>>

>> > libgtk1.2 version is 1.2.10-14.
>> >
>> > I'm able to reproduce the same behaviour on at least 3 debian/unstable
>> > and also on some woody boxes with my lablgtk rebuilt packages.
>>
>> It's normal, those example need to be compiled with the init predicate:
>
> :)))
>
>> moi@debian:/tmp$ ocamlfind ocamlc -predicates init -package lablgtk -linkpkg hello.ml
>> File "hello.ml", line 10, characters 2-98:
>> Warning: this expression should have type unit.
>> File "hello.ml", line 12, characters 2-44:
>> Warning: this expression should have type unit.
>> File "hello.ml", line 13, characters 2-74:
>> Warning: this expression should have type unit.
>> File "hello.ml", line 14, characters 2-49:
>> Warning: this expression should have type unit.
>> moi@debian:/tmp$ ./a.out
>> Hello World
>> moi@debian:/tmp$
>>
>> why it is not the default ? because someone may want to have an
>> executable that some time initialize the gtk part, sometime don't.

Well, by rethinking to it, why isn't it the default ? may be it would
be better that initialization is the default, and have a noinit flag
for people that doesn't want the initialization (it's uncommon).

Of course, to change now may be a bad thing, I don't know.

--
Rémi Vanicat
vanicat@labri.u-bordeaux.fr