Re: Draft for the proposed handling of transitions

Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

> I don't like it.
>
> My idea is.
>
> When a new release is made, i re-upload the current ocaml as ocaml-<N>,
> providing ocaml.
>
> Once this one enters unstable, i upload an ocaml package with the
> version bumped ocaml version <N+1>, and we use this to build new
> libraries and packages. Old libraries and package work fine with the
> previous stuff.
>
> The only way this will work is to haev strong library dependencies.

I don't like any of the ideas anyway because as you said ..

> Maybe the whole scheme is not worth it, anyway, i will move the ocaml

... it is not worth it after all.

> libdir all the same, for the other benefits, and to let this possibility
> open in the future. I will do it after ocaml 3.06 enters testing.

The libdir change in order to add the cvs snapshot is OK, IMO.

BTW, I'd prefer ocaml-snap (or ocaml-snapshot) because some package
coming from cameleon is called ocamlcvs.

Jérôme Marant

http://marant.org